In July and August of 2020, East Lothian Food and Drink undertook an online survey to gather opinions of East Lothian residents on local food and drink and food tourism. The aim of the survey was to understand local residents views on food and drink and food tourism in light of COVID19.
The survey recieved 194 responses. Of these responses, 186 were from East Lothian residents. The survey was hosted on SurveyMonkey and was shared across social media from the 24th of July to the 6th of August.
We would like to thank all respondents for taking the time to complete the survey- your responses will be really helpful to local businesses moving forward.
The key findings of the survey are:
- People have bought more local food and drink as a result of COVID19 and many plan to continue to shop local.
- One of the main factors that influence a decision to shop local is the quality of the produce.
- People are generally more likely to visit restaurants, cafes, pubs and bars if there is local produce on the menu.
- People are generally happy to pay more for a meal that incorporates local produce.
- In light of COVID19 restrictions, customers would like to understand what measuresare in place before they arrive at restaurants, cafes, pub and bars.
You can download a copy of the survey results here. FOOD AND DRINK SURVEY (this link will take you to a PDF version of the survey results)